We've had a lot of questions recently in relation to ethics and sustainability of our brand so we're here to share all the info with you.
Our jewellery is handcrafted all around the world. We work with incredibly talented designers and makers from Canada, USA, France, Thailand as well as here in Australia.
Our latest collection has been designed in Sydney and we have teamed with a small workshop in Thailand to manufacture them. We are incredibly happy with the quality as well as the ethics of the team and what they stand for.
Our manufacturer is women lead and is heavily focused on creating responsible jewellery, they work across all aspects to make sure that our pieces are ethically created.
Things we love about our manufacturer:
* They believe in empowering women and more than 70% of the employees are women
* They believe jewellery can be environmentally conscious and are committed to sustainable practices
* They are sourcing eco-friendly poly bags to make sure all our jewellery arrives in plant-based material. This reduces greenhouse emissions and ensures sustainable consumption of resources.
* They meet the European Union’s REACH (Restriction, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals) regulations, which aims to restrict hazardous substances such as nickel, lead and cadmium in all parts of jewellery that could reasonably be accessed by the end consumers, and ultimately reduce the amount of harmful chemicals in the environment.
Our manufacturer is a member of the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) and have been audited by Intertek to ensure there is:
* No discrimination
* Fair Remuneration
* No child Labour
* Special protection for workers
* No precarious employment
* No bonded labor
* Protection of the environment
* Ethical Business Behaviour
+ many more
Our jewellery is not the cheapest you will find. Nor would we want it to be. We make sure all our jewellers are paid properly, the quality is second to none and all aspects of the piece (metal/ gemstones) have been ethically and sustainably sourced.
As our customer, we want you to have the opportunity to invest in better & longer wearing jewellery. We aim to produce high-quality pieces you can wear again and again, after all, it is the most sentimental item you can have.
It's super super important to us that all the materials we use come from a good place, which is why we are committed to ethical sourcing. We work exclusively with our long-term trusted suppliers who guarantee ethical sources of our metals, stones & materials.
Our jewellery boxes are created in Denmark and are made of FSC®- certified cardboard and water-based glue. The FSC® mark guarantees that all materials come from an FSC® forrest, where no more wood is cut down than the forrest can produce.
Your packages are shipped in re-usable cardboard mailers with tissue paper filling. It's important to our brand to continuously work on ways to make our packaging as sustainable as possible.
We are constantly striving to be better and do better across all aspects of our business. We are working towards being a sustainable and environmentally conscious company.
If you have any feedback or ideas on ways we could improve we would love to hear from you